Property & Construction
£30 – 40k depending on experience + pension
Due to recent expansion and a very successful period of growth our client is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor, who will report to the Commercial Manager. The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts within the health, education, commercial and corporate sectors.
- Manage the commercial resources of the assigned project to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts.
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract performance data.
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement company policies for risk management.
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and other ancillary orders.
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and payment of suppliers.
- Values the work executed by sub-contractors and certifies interim and final payments.
- Implement all company policies including those for SHEQ and risk management
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
- Driven and dynamic approach with long term career development focus
- Understanding of the wider construction processes or market sector knowledge/strategic development are advantageous although not a pre-requisite.
- Good understanding and competency with the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word Microsoft project and Powerpoint.
If you feel you have the relevant skills & experience then please apply with a copy of your CV and current remuneration details.
Please note that all suitable applicants will be contacted within 7-14 days.