Property & Construction
Our client is a young, dynamic and forward thinking company providing services to the construction industry. They have a fantastic culture, and encourage participation in various social events, sports clubs and other activities arranged by the company.
They are looking to recruit a Planning Manager to provide Planning assistance and support to Project Managers and Project Teams across various Construction Projects and to work within the Planning team on bids and pre construction programmes as required. The role will predominately be office based but will require frequent site visits to establish the progress position of projects being worked on.
- Must be able to produce a fully logic linked programme for a project with a clearly identified critical path from a specification and drawings.
- Be confident in taking a brief from a client/ PM and then producing the required outputs.
- Should be confident and able to facilitate Workshop if required.
- Must be capable of producing Strategic and Detailed Programmes covering all project stages.
- Be able to “think out of the box” and be a good problem solver.
- Have a good understanding of modern Construction methods.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to be able to provide Procurement Options Evaluation.
- Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety Construction issues identifications and solutions.
- Excellent communicator externally and internally (Written, verbal, presentation skills).
- Good client facing skills including Listening.
- Interactive with team members and colleagues.
- Manage time effectively.
- HNC or above + 8 years construction related experience.
- Computer literate and fully conversant with modern planning software
- Hands-on experience with resource loading & earned value management systems.
- Experience with Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with PowerProject and Primavera P6 preferable but not essential
If you feel you have the relevant background and experience for this role please apply in writing with a current CV and salary expectations.
All suitable candidates will be contacted within 7 days.